Thursday, November 22, 2012

Top 100 Pokemon - Introduction

So I will soon start a series on my top 100 Pokemon, as of the 5th generation of Pokemon games. The list will be pretty self-explanatory, but here are some notes on what to expect:

1. All Pokemon on this list will be to some extent competitively viable, at the very least in Smogon's NeverUsed tier. I'm not one to consider the best competitive Pokemon as my favorite Pokemon, but I do prefer Pokemon to have at least some battle capabilities.

2. Beyond their combat capabilities, I also rank these Pokemon based on their design, concept, and other non-combat aspects. Anime portrayals of these Pokemon may be applied, though I have not seen much at all of anything past the Johto arc, so don't expect much there.

3. Do not expect to see many Legendaries, particularly ones that are version mascots or otherwise more "monster-like" Legendaries. For whatever reason, I'm just not a big fan of them. I do like the more, well, pixie-like ones, as well as pseudo-Legendaries, so do expect to come across them in my rankings, as well as maybe a big Legendary here and there.

4. Entries will be based on final evolutionary forms. Pre-evolutions will be covered alongside their parent evolution(s) in some entries.

5. New entries will be posted whenever I have the time to post one. Hopefully I can get through this without it taking 100 weeks (by then, Gen VI will probably have come out!), but I won't be able to post one every single day.

6. Finally, this is my list and my opinion. Feel free to comment about your thoughts, but personal attacks on me or anyone else for their opinions will just make you look like a jerk.

The Pokemon at #100 on this list will be coming up soon. Which one is it? Here's a hint: clean air always surrounds this Pokemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment