Monday, October 21, 2013

XY Ramblings #1: Introduction

In this series, I ramble about different notable things about Pokemon X and Y. (Mainly X, since that's the version I've played and beaten already.)

Overall, I'm enjoying this game a lot. There are definitely things it has improved on compared to last generation, and things that I feel are either a step backwards or just perhaps not really executed that well. Still, it's a good game that I'll definitely enjoy for a good while.

Here are some fun facts about my X version playthrough:

As I have always done starting from Gen III, I played as the female character for my first playthrough. I chose the light-skinned, blonde initial character and named her Karen, after Karen Kujo from the anime series Kin-iro Mosaic. Nicknames for many of my team members are also taken from that show.

My team that beat the Champion was:

- Delphox ("Curry", because curry is spicy)
- Blastoise ("Wataru", because it sounds kind of like Water)
- Florges ("Aya", the most fairy-like of the Kinmosa girls)
- Doublade/Aegislash (never did realize I could use a Dusk Stone to evolve him until after beating the game; "Shinobu" because that's the one name of the five girls that could still be a male name for the male Doublade; justified after fighting a male Black Belt with that name)
- Hawlucha ("Youko", the most energetic of the girls)
- Ampharos ("Alice", because she's golden)

Aegislash and Hawlucha are the top contenders for favorite new Gen VI Pokemon. All the Starters are great as well.

Next time, I will talk about the new type that was introduced this Gen... the mystical Fairy-type!

No comments:

Post a Comment